Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dear George 9/20

Dear George,

It is 6am on September 20th, 2013.  According to the internet, you are the size of a lentil right now. As a lentil, you are already changing a lot of everything I do.

First thing that springs to mind right now, I'm awake at 6am. It's not because I want to be awake, it's not because I went to bed early, it's because I had some ice cream before bed and you didn't like that.

It's even sprinkling outside, and listening to the cars drive by in the rain isn't calming my mind. Of course, it doesn't help when there is a car in the parking lot that has a sensitive enough alarm that a low roll of thunder sets it off.

So what am I doing at 6am? Yes, I'm writing a letter to you, but I just finished doing dishes. I remember when I detested doing dishes. Now it had a strangely calming effect. I can let my mind wander a bit, my hands are busy, and I end up with clean dishes!

If only all cleaning could be this easy! And soon enough, you will only be making this harder. But for right now I'm simply enjoying the ride.

I already love you, lentil!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment