Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Journey Begins...

Last Friday I peed on a stick.  I was actually confused by the results because one of the lines in the results window wasn't clearly colored in.  I had to call D in to ask him "Is this phillips or flat-head?"  Understandably he was rather confused what I would be working on in the bathroom.

He then looked at the stick for a moment.  When it registered what he was looking at he got the biggest smile on his face!  I was so very relieved to see pure joy on his gorgeous face.  That was one of the many feelings I was having, but I was excited to see that he was happy with this major turn of events in our lives.


Today I went to the clinic that I have been going to for years.  I peed in a cup and they confirmed that the stick was right.  Strangely, that confirmation took a huge weight off of my chest.

We are both excited, scared, and a bit lost, but we know that we are in this together and we're holding hands and jumping in feet first.

Now for the interesting part: we aren't telling anyone in our families until Christmas!  That's right, we are waiting more than three months to tell our families.  I can rarely keep a secret from my sister, so we'll see how that goes.  I'm hoping to have them all open their gifts at the same time and see the reactions as they realize what's going on.  By that point we might even know the gender of the baby!

So because I want to record this journey and I stink at keeping big secrets, I will be keeping a blog that our families can read to catch up on the journey.

We love you all!

Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment