Saturday, November 30, 2013

Another cold!

And I'm battling with another headcold!  This one is lingering and in my head and chest at the same time.  I got some OJ at the store today, so I'm hoping the extra Vitamin C will help boost my weak immune system.

I also got some Vick's, too.  I'm hoping I can kick this one soon.  I'm so tired of feeling like crap.  I am constantly blowing my nose and coughing.  I feel like I shouldn't be around anyone because I feel like I'm yucky, but I don't feel that bad, overall.

I talked to my doctor and she told me that it is perfectly normal for my immune system to be weaker than usual, so this is no real surprise.  The crummy part is that I can't really take any medicine to accelerate the "feeling better" part.

The boys and I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a long time.  I'm not really sure what I can do, so I kept it low-key.  I walked a mile on the treadmill and then tried out the balance ball.  I didn't do much that was too strenuous, but I also wanted to do enough that I felt that the trip was worth it.  

I kept my heart rate below 180 for the most part.  When it started to creep up, I had to drop my speed a bit.  I am already out-of-shape, so my heart rate quickly ramps up, but with the added stress of ensuring my little munchkins are safe and have enough blood, I don't want to over-exert my little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment