Monday, March 17, 2014

Foggy Sunday

Sunday was mostly uneventful.  I spent most of the day counting down until I was scheduled to be taken off the Magnesium.  It was making me feel pretty crummy.  It was the reason that I was on bed rest, it made me VERY foggy and made feel very heavy, and it was even the reason I was put on a catheter.  That was just not a lot of fun.  There is no question in my mind that it was the worst part of my visit.

But, the doctor's verdict for me is that I am admitted in the hospital until these little munchkins arrive.  She doesn't care if they come tomorrow or in two months.  I'm grounded.  I understand the reasoning, but my mind doesn't like feeling trapped.  

But at least I got off the Mag and look and feel like a more normal person.  They even took off all of my IV lines, so I'm not attached to the rolling pole of medicine either.  I was so excited to be able to freely walk to Dale when he got here!  (I use the term 'walk' VERY liberally here.  I waddled.  There is no doubting that for a second.  It didn't even really resemble a walk at all.  Not even a little bit.)

Finally more of my family is in the loop with what is going on and texting me good wishes.  I'm really glad for the technology right now.  I'm very happy to be able to chat with my family at my own pace without having to hang up when the nurses come in.  With texting, I just ignore them until the nurses are done with me.  That way I avoid the major rudeness factor and can still keep up!

Anyway, being the day before St. Patrick's Day, and the last day of the weekend... Dale's mom's friend was hosting dinner.  She was kind enough to send full plates of leftovers for both myself and Dale.  And Dale's mom was kind enough to bring the food and a Shamrock Shake to the hospital for me.  I'm so glad I'm not stuck with just hospital food, lol!  It was some great food and I'm so glad that they were so thoughtful to not only make up plates, but deliver them to me.  Thank you so much ladies!

And Dale worked until late and didn't get to the hospital until around 9pm.  Yet he hung out with me and kicked my butt at a round of checkers while we had dinner.  All while knowing that he had to be at work at 6:30 in the morning.  I truly appreciate that.  I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he had just passed out at home, honestly.  But he still came to the hospital knowing that he would be sleeping on a couch for the few hours he had and he'd also have to listen to the nurse coming in to check up on me.  And to think, this guy is worried that he won't be a good daddy.  He did all of this for his girls and didn't think twice.  I have no doubts that he is a great daddy already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment